Looking for a career in health care finance/administration?Whether you're climbing the ladder or you've step of the
way. Professional certification programs, career self-assessments, employment opportunity updates, resume referral
services, mentoring opportunities and national and local leadership opportunities let you have a hand in shaping the
future of the industry and the profession. Also see HFMA National's Job Bank
Are you an employer looking for a health care financial/administrative professional? Take advantage of HFMA Hawaii's
career announcement opportunities. Use the "Contact Us" feature on this website to inquire about posting job
announcements on our website.
Please contact Cassandra Stewart regarding job ads at email@example.com or (808)566-6666 ext.28.
August 27, 2017
Lili‘uokalani Trust (LT) is a private operating foundation founded in 1909, for the benefit of orphaned and destitute children with
preference given to Native Hawaiian children. The Trust serves approximately 10,000 children annually through direct services statewide,
and reaches thousands more through collaborations with community partners.
The position designs and prepares all financial reports, budget templates and adhoc financial analyses. This position also maintains
and processes all transactions that interface between the various financial systems used by the Trust (Concur, Ceridian, Community
Building Information System and Sage), and will maintain the Property Management accounting module and assist with other recurring
accounting duties. While this position formally reports to the Controller, it will also take direct instructions from the Assistant Controller,
Vice President/Chief Financial Officer (VP/CFO) and other executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or management information systems--or equivalent experience required.
- At least three years of financial reporting experience and two years of budgeting, forecasting or financial analyst experience
- Intermediate level Excel and PowerPoint skills are also required.
- Familiarity with SQL databases and reporting also preferred.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, extremely well-organized and detail-oriented, collegial and able to function under pressure
and handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- The position would be well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is both quick and meticulous and
puts an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- The candidate must be able to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as part of a team.
Lili‘uokalani Trust is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Click here for more information.
Director of Patient Access & Scheduling
The Queen's Medical Center
August 10, 2017
The Queen’s Health System, the largest health system in Hawaii, has an exciting opportunity available for a Director of Patient Access &
Scheduling. A successful candidate functions at a high organizational level, providing leadership and direction in the development and
implementation of strategic and innovative initiatives to further the mission of The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health care or related field; five (5) years progressively responsible experience in
Patient Access and Scheduling in a comparable organization may be substituted.
- Five (5) years management/leadership experience in Patient Access and front end hospital operations preferably in a comparable
health care setting.
Apply at www.queensmedicalcenter.org/careers or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queen’s also offers world-class benefits and competitive salaries.
The Queen's Medical Center
August 10, 2017
The Queen’s Health Systems has built a legacy of caring for the people of Hawaii for more than 150 years. From health care firsts to
innovative health and wellness partnerships, we continue to invest in the health and wellness of our communities.
We are four hospitals, 66 health care centers and labs, and more than 1,600 physicians statewide. Putting patients first and treating our
patients like ohana (family) is our promise. We are Queen’s.
The Queen’s Medical Center (Honolulu) is a Magnet Recognized Hospital and a Level I Trauma Center. It is the largest private hospital in
Hawaii, with 505 acute care beds. Intensive Care Units at this campus include: Surgical/Trauma, Neuro, Medical, and Cardiac.
Queen’s is seeking experienced PAYROLL ASSISTANTS to help Queen’s continue its legacy of caring.
A. Education / Certification and Licensure:
- Associates degree in business or related field; or two (2) years work experience in accounting with courses in
- In addition to education requirement, two (2) years payroll experience required
Apply online: http://www.queensmedicalcenter.org/careers to apply for Job Opening #118055.
Queen’s also offers world-class benefits, including:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- Generous Retirement Plans – Including a Defined Benefit Pension Plan and 401k Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Basic Life, Long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employment Assistance Program
Queen’s was established in 1859 by Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV to address the health care needs to the people of Hawaii
during a time when epidemics were sweeping the Islands. Their legacy continues today through Queen’s nonprofit family of hospitals
and health-related entities.
Laulima Data Alliance
July 7, 2017
The position of Executive Director requires a working knowledge of current hospital finance issues, health policy, and financial/utilization
data. Monitors, analyzes, and recommends policy, and advocates on finance issues affecting Hawaii hospitals and health systems
through both the legislative and administrative processes.
This position is responsible for researching and analyzing a variety of complex hospital data to develop meaningful and easily
understandable information that proactively supports and influences HAH’s and its members’ state and federal advocacy work as well as
community stakeholders/partners in their efforts to improve access and the quality of care provided.
In addition, this position requires overseeing the administration of Laulima’s operations and works with the Board to fulfill the
Click here for details
Links to Local Healthcare Employment Opportunities:
Castle Medical Center
Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii
Hawai‘i Dental Service
Hawai‘i Health Systems Corporation
Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Hawai‘i Medical Services Association
Kuakini Health System
Laulima Data Alliance
The Queen’s Medical Center
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific
Wahiawa General Hospital